Scan your groceries only to go put them in a BAG? NO WAY! Scan BOX it instead!
Boxes (crates) are better for the environment!
Many stores focused only on profits offer a self-scanning service but only offer wasteful flimsy plastic bags to put your groceries in. OR they offer to SELL you their CRAPPY reusable bags that they conveniently sell. The companies who are phasing out plastic bags are not doing it for the environment! Please do not believe them when they say they care!!! THESE COMPANIES ARE GREENWASHING YOU! Here is the math:
- Paper bags that cost the Grocery Store $0.02-$0.04 (easy to recycle or reuse, very few thrown out) they were phased out in favor of:
- Plastic bags that cost the Grocery Store $0.01-$0.02 (less than 10% recycled, 1 shopper in 1 year on average got 500) so they are being phased out in favor of:
- Reusable bags that cost YOU $1.00-$2.00 (both uncoated and coated are cheaply made, hard to clean, fall apart, NO recycling centers will take, take longer to biodegrade - if ever - in landfill) and offer the store around a 50% profit margin.
Don't waste your money on this farce, get a CRESBI system instead for your self-scanning. Read on!
The self-scanner option allows you to grab a scanner at the kiosk in the front of the store (or download the app to your phone), scan your items yourself, and “bag” them into your cart as you go through the store. Basically the grocery store allows you to scan your own groceries as you shop! When you get to the checkout you just pay the amount on the scanner or app and you’re all done! Of course they have free plastic bags and cheap reusable ones for sale but why not consider a much better way than bagging them? Consider the collapsible CRESBI Crate Systems many advantages:
- PROTECT PRODUCTS: The first lanes that most stores direct you through are either produce or baked goods, the soft things you DON’T want squished on the bottom. A CRESBI crate system creates stacks of sturdy partitions within your cart. CRESBI crates stack on top of each other so your soft stuff is protected.
- LESS INVASIVE AUDITS: Managers randomly audit customers to prevent theft. CRESBI crates make it easy to see what you’ve purchased without rifling through a bunch of bags. Plus since you can easily see what’s in your cart, you’re less likely to miss scanning something.
- HOLD A LOT: Even thought they look small, depending on what you're buying, 1 crate can replace 5 bags. Their size also prevents you from putting so much in them that you can't carry them.
- EASY TO CLEAN: One of the biggest complaints baggers have is that many customers' reusable bags are gross because they are never washed. A CRESBI can be easily wiped clean or even put in the dishwasher.
- EASY TO USE: The made-in-America strap pops them open, plus they aren't so big that they can be overloaded.
- EASY TO CARRY INTO THE STORE: Instead of a wad of bags, the lightweight CRESBI systems come in a variety of ways that make it easy to carry multiple crates.
- DURABLE: CRESBI is a long-lasting investment that includes custom-fit thermal insulators.
- SAVE 15%: Use coupon code: “SCANBOXGO” when you checkout. Cincinnati residents also get free delivery!