Sustainable Produce Container Kliklok Carton Folding Machine
Folding Machine for commercial growers
This page is for informational purposes. Please call 859-630-2694 or email [email protected] for additional information.
The reason Sustainable Produce Containers exist is to replace plastic clamshells on a large scale. The Folding machine will help achieve that goal. All of the sizes are available in a "Kliklok" folding design. This design is a proven technology like that used in making English muffin trays.
Stacks of flat Sustainable Produce Containers are loaded into the machines to be formed. The vacuum pump de-nester pulls the flat boxes down into the machine where the appropriate size forming head constructs the boxes. The finished open boxes can be then hand filled or dropped onto a conveyor belt to be machine filled.
We have several refurbished Kliklok Jr machines for sale or lease.
Primary Components of Kliklok Forming Machines
- Plunger – unique to carton size
- Cavity – where carton is placed
- Hopper Gate – where flat cartons are loaded
- Backplate – keeps cartons stacked
- Agitating links – keeps carton stack moving forward
- Vacuum Feed Bar (optional)
Kliklok Junior Specs (Refurbished)
- Folding Speed: 45 per minute/head (a brand new one can do 75 cpm)
- TIme to switch heads: 20-30 min to switch out a head from one size container to another
- Size: 42" W x 56" L x 67" H (with cover closed)
- Power requirements: 230 V, 3 phase motor (more efficient that 110V single phase), 60hz
- Control: Start/Stop on remote cord, 2 hand remote jog
- Carton Control: Vacuum control to stop feed of cartons when no product is present
- Casters for portability
EXAMPLE OF A KLIKLOK JR MACHINE RUNNING:
EXAMPLE OF NEW 3 HEAD KLIKLOK MACHINE FORMING CARTONS:
This refurbished Kliklok Jr Machine costs $26,500 and a new single carton forming head (to form a Low Profile Pint or a Quart) costs $19,000 each. There are also the initial spare parts, labor, crating, installation and on-site training (about $7,500) along with shipping. Approximate purchase total: $53k
The machine can also be leased instead over a 5-year period based on carton volume, costs can range:
Containers purchased annually (additional cost per container):
For a tamper-proof lock, all of the Sustainable Produce Containers have tear dots under the lid so they can be sealed like cereal boxes by a Closing Machine. Contact Linda for more information.